- It means being in a state of purification and cleanliness
- One is physically purified from impurities called najis (filth) on his body, clothing and Immediate surrounding.
- One is spiritually purified from impurities called hadath
- The lifting of these impurities will allow you to perform your solat, hence it is the condition if your ibadat being accepted
- What are the items that can be used for purification?
- Other pure liquid
- Any clean dry solid such as soil, stone or paper
Definition: being in the state of impure due to the condition one is in.
There are 2 types of hadath:
- Major hadith
- Minor hadath
Why do we need to be pure before worshipping?
- It is a unique requirement in Islam that before we offer ourselves in devotion to our God, we must enter into a state of ceremonial purity in which we have to wash ourselves and made our mental state properly prepared
- To help us to change our state of mind while worshipping
- To unite our physical condition (clean from najis) and our mind
- One is in a state of impure which requires Ghusl (obligatory shower) to be pure again
- Reasons of becoming impure
- Post-natal bleeding
- Sexual intercourse
- Emission of fluids from both man (sperm) and women (sexual fluid)
- Death except for martyr (a special topic later)
- Upon becoming a Muslim / entering Islam
- It is a state of impure which requires taking wudhu (ablution) to become pure again
- If water is not available it can be replaced by Tayammum
- Reasons of becoming impure, that is wudhu is nullified